Sounds of Folk celebrates the diversity and wealth of talent in folk music – song, music, dance and poetry – presented in the Greater Manchester area, and specifically in Oldham.
During the hour, several tracks are played – of local artists, artists coming into the area to perform, or artists booked to appear at the numerous festivals. These could be local performers, national, or international.
Guests perform live in the studio most weeks – occasionally interviews are via telephone, or pre-recorded before a local performance. Sometimes the guests travel long distances to appear on the programme, and most of the “big” names on the folk scene have been interviewed over the years. Sometimes the guests are folk club or festival organisers, talking about their event, and playing tracks of future artists.
Diary dates are given out weekly, and always updated.
Recent Programme Information
- The Wirelesss Programme 24 April
- The Wirelesss Programme Hour Two 23 April
- Vintage Melodies 22 April
- The Wirelesss Programme 20 April
- The Wirelesss Programme 19 April
- The Wirelesss Programme 18 April
- The Wirelesss Programme 17 April
- The Wirelesss Programme Hour Two 16 April
- Vintage Melodies 29 October
- The Wirelesss Programme 27 October